Exercises – Transitive and Intransitive Verbs
Decide whether the following verbs are transitive, intransitive or both:
- The workmen have been painting for hours.
- When they call from the charity, Mrs. Alpert always gives generously.
- Before you send the proposal, make sure you edit it carefully.
- That perfume smells nice.
- My new car cost me a small fortune.
- Jim owed his landlord $450.
- Pete emigrated from Australia in 1998.
- The customer was tired of waiting, so he got up and left.
- Are you sure you want to paint the ceiling too?
- Please take the documents over to Mrs. Samuels’ office.