As we prepare for the 2018 sitting of the CSEC English A Exam we are hosting our first CSEME Short Story Competition.
ELIGIBILITY AND ENTRY GUIDELINES FOR SHORT STORIES
- Entrants must be in fourth or fifth grade.
- Children of contest judges and CSEME employees are not eligible.
- Only one entry per person will be accepted.
- Only single author stories qualify (no co-authored stories).
- Students may conference with parents, teachers, and/or peers on their work.
- Entries must be based on questions given.
- Short stories and Cover Page must be submitted digitally by midnight February 14, 2017. Email your story to email@example.com
- Any failure to adhere to these contest rules may result in disqualification.
- No purchase or donation is necessary to enter this contest.
SHORT STORY FORMATTING
- Text should be typed. Entrants who cannot type may have their story typed by someone else.
- Short stories entered should include a title page that lists the title of the story, the full name of the author and the country the author is from.
- All fictional story characters should be original. Copyrighted names and images are not allowed.
- All stories should have a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 450 words.
- The word count includes “a,” “an,” and “the” but not the words on non-story pages, such as the title page.
RETURN OF ENTRIES
Short stories must be submitted digitally and will not be returned.
The Top Six Stories will be Posted on the Site
Once stories have been submitted. CSEME will have the right to publish entries in other CSEME events, blogs, features, etc.
SHORT STORY COMPETITION QUESTIONS